Living a Life Without Limits comes from my own lived experience of struggling with anxiety and depression;
It tells you everything you need to know about Anxiety, Depression, and Stress, and most importantly, how to manage them so you can become more resilient and move through stressful situations, rather than getting stuck.
When I had a mental breakdown in January 2016 I remember thinking that something had snapped in my brain, like a faulty wire in an appliance; it was a terrifying thought, I had no idea what was happening to me.
I had no idea about anxiety or even what a panic attack was, let alone what had happened to me to cause it. My GP was great and gave me some basic information, but I felt I wasn’t getting the full picture, so I decided to do my own research.
The biggest surprise for me was when I read a book on neuroscience; I say it was a surprise because I’m not a very scientific person; science was not a strong point for me at school and it wasn’t a subject I really enjoyed. Reading about the basic neuroscience behind some of the most common mental health disorders was life changing for me, because I could start answering those questions I had; WHAT happened to me? WHY did it happen? HOW can I make it better?
There is a lot of information out there on mental health and how to manage it, but it’s in lots of different places; with my ‘Living a Life Without Limits’ programme, you have all the basic information you need in one place, it’s the culmination of over 60 self-help books (and counting).
‘Living a Life Without Limits’ is for everyone; it’s for those of you who are struggling with your mental wellbeing, and it’s for those of you who want to prevent mental illness from occurring.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”Nelson Mandela
LIVE – I can visit you at your location to present in person, or it can be presented on-line via Zoom or other video conferencing software. This is a great option for creating a more inclusive, interactive experience.
Pre-recorded – All of the sessions have been recorded and are available to access on-line. This is a great option for individuals and also for work places and other organisations where people can learn in their own time, it can also help to reach more people in your organisation.
‘Living a Life Without Limits’ Programme Outline.
- Introduction to the main workbook and programme safety.
- About Me.
- Why Neuroscience is important.
- What is Mental Health?
- The Power of Emotions.
- The Nervous System.
- Neurons and Neurotransmitters.
- The Mind/Body Connection.
- Understanding Anxiety.
- Anxiety Disorders.
- Where does Anxiety come from?
- Learning the language of the Amygdala.
- The Physical Responses
- Exploring Depression.
- Old Brain and New Mind.
- Emotional Systems.
- Genetic & Environmental vulnerabilities.
- Negative thinking.
- The effects of Stress.
- Positive & Negative Coping Strategies.
- The Immune System & Inflammation.
- Are you running a Stress Marathon?
- Managing Stress.
- It’s all about your experiences.
- The Power of Habits.
- How are habits formed?
- Changing Habits.
- Breaking Addiction.
- Managing Mental Health, Part 1.
- Find what works for you.
- Mindfulness & Meditation.
- The Conscious & Subconscious Minds.
- Managing Mental Health, Part 2.
- The Gut/Brain connection.
- Good and Bad food choices.
- Food habits and associations.
- Medication & Supplements.
- Managing Mental Health, Part 3.
- Other Treatments & Therapies.
- Get some sleep.
- Time to play more.
- The power of listening.
- Nature, the great healer.
- Self-love & Compassion.
- Origins of our self-worth.
- Positivity Practices.
- Setting & Achieving Goals.
- The quest for JOY.
- Ready, Steady, Stoked – Chris Bertish story.
- Vision Boards.
- Ride the Roller-coaster.
- The Planning Process Workbook.
- The Next Step.
- Help & Support.
- Time to reflect.
- Further Reading.
Live Sessions: This will depend on your specific requirements including location and the number of people on the session; please contact me to arrange a quote.
Pre-recorded On-line Sessions: £175 per person (Note: for organisations this price may vary depending on the number of people, so please contact me for a quote)